Monday, July 22, 2013

Random stuff


 4th of July
The Girls waiting for the fireworks to start.
 Still waiting for the fireworks to start. We missed being in Idaho Falls for the 4th. Although this was fun, it wasn't the greenbelt and it certainly wasn't the Melaluca Freedom Celebration.
 Watching the fireworks. Notice above the girls heads there are some fireworks in the distance. Here in this part of Texas, every community has their own show, so there were firework displays going off all around us. We were watching the Katy show at the Katy Mills Mall.
 Spent the day at the beach then drove the length of Galveston Island. I think the houses up on stilts are cool to look at. Someday I hope to rent one and spend a day or two on the beach.
Enjoying some pool time.
 
 
July 17, 2013 One last family photo before sending Miranda off  to the MTC. Of course we miss Paige's family, Bailey's family and Isaac. Miranda is ready to get to work!
 
We are getting adjusted to our new lives here in Fulshear, TX.  The house is nearly all put together. The dinning room table and chairs arrived on Saturday. Eric and I have been putting them together. I finally got it all set up this morning. Now we just need some visitors to come and visit us so we can have a dinner at the big table and play some games.
 
 
Our church ward is huge! The primary presidency was just reorganized and they have so many kids that they call a president and 3 counselors and a secretary. There are at least two classes of every age group. 30 kids in the nursery!! No family is ever the "new" family for very long. We've been in the ward for a little over a month and every Sunday a new family has spoken in Sacrament meeting. We have met people from Rock Springs, Green River, and Kemmerer. Our Relief Society President has family in Boise and come to find out one of Isaac's new roommates is her youngest brother. (She is a Davidson by marriage).  The ward is full of people in the petroleum business. Eric is in 7th heaven being able to talk to people about his work and they understand what he does. That never happened in Idaho!
 
We are looking forward to going into Houston this Friday to watch "Wicked." It is the first time any of us have experienced a Broadway play. Abby bought herself a plane ticket to Idaho so she will leave on Saturday to go spend some time with friends. Paige and Brent will pick her up on their way to the Ralph and Mary Robertson Family reunion. Eric and I will drive there starting next Tuesday. We are so excited to see everyone. After we return from the reunion our kids will all be coming to Texas to visit us. I can't wait!! Then Abby and I will travel to Laramie to get her settled in the dorms to begin her Freshman year at the University of Wyoming. (Go Pokes!) I plan to spend some time in Evanston with my parents.
 
When I get back from Laramie/Evanston Eric and I will officially be empty nesters. Hmm....

2 comments:

  1. ...and then what? What will you do all day? I'm only slightly jealous... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I ended with Hmm??? I don't know what I will do with myself.

    ReplyDelete